In working with young men, these are the skills and abilities that are cultivated through our work together:
- A clear sense of who you are, and a confident and clear understanding of what you want and need in your life.
- A clear sense of purpose in your life and a clear plan for how to move towards your goals.
- You are able to successfully pursue and achieve your vocational, academic and life goals in a way that feels manageable and achievable.
- You have the ability to access your own self-discipline and self-motivation.
- You possess a clear understanding of where you get stuck in negative patterns that kill your progress and stifle your positive outlook, and you have strategies to stay out of these patterns or get out if you get stuck.
- A clear sense of where you distract yourself and/or avoid your responsibilities, and a clear plan with specific strategies to work through these patterns so you can succeed.
- You have the confidence to pursue and engage in the relationships that are important to you.
- To able to express your needs and wants openly and clearly in these relationships in a way that honors yourself and others.
- The confidence to be able ask for what you want within your important relationships.
- You have a developed sense of how to take care of yourself and manage your own life.
While each young man develops these skills in their unique way and time, all of these skills are important for a young man to navigate his life in a full and empowered way.