I work with young men who are struggling one or more of the following areas:
- Connecting with their passion and purpose
- Challenges in achieving their educational goals
- Finding and/or maintaining employment
- Patterns of addiction
- Patterns of avoidance, distraction, fear, and overwhelm.
- Mental health issues, and challenges with emotion regulation*
- Challenges in caring for their own physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being
- Challenges in relationships (family, friends, romantic/sexual)
- Challenges with communicating effectively
- Challenges with organization, time management, goal setting, and accountability
- Difficulty managing money and being financially responsible
- Challenges with basic life skills (cleaning, organization, budgeting, shopping, cooking)
- Difficulty with self-motivation, self-discipline, and personal accountability
*These challenges are often addressed by a therapist and/or psychiatrist. As a mentor/coach, I regularly work as a complement to these professionals.
The focus is on helping young men to:
- Understand themselves and their situation
- Identify their strengths, their passions, and their values
- Clearly understand how to get what they want in life, and what it will take on their part
- Communicate more effectively and work more collaboratively with the important people in their life
- Break down the overwhelming tasks that they are faced with and find ways to achieve their goals
- Take responsibility for their life, and follow through on the things they need to be doing to live the life they want for themselves
I act as a tireless advocate for my clients, their strengths and their gifts!